The premiere of the Gilded Growler tournament presents a unique way to explore locally crafted beers with friends and vote for your favorite through a multi-week bracket style tasting competition. Hudson Valley breweries will go head to head every Friday night from March 24 through May 5 beginning at 7:00pm in the Brew Pub at Pennings Farm, 161 State Route 94S, Warwick, NY 10990.
Participating breweries are matched up as follows:
- March 24: RUSHING DUCK BREWING CO vs. GLENMERE BREWING CO
- March 31: PINE ISLAND BREWING vs. NEWBURGH BREWING CO
- April 7: NEW PALTZ BREWING CO vs. CAPTAIN LAWRENCE BREWING CO
- April 14: KEEGAN ALES vs. WESTTOWN BREW WORKS
- April 21 and April 28: Semi Finals
- May 5: Final Taste Off and The Gilded Growler Trophy Presentation
The craft beer landscape is unexpectedly complex and is flourishing right here in Orange County, NY. Round up your beer buddies, from novice to aficionado, to find out what your palate prefers and to show support for your beloved brewers. Guests will be lead through the bracket-style tournament where everyone tastes four beers at a time then votes for a favorite. At the end of each night, the winner is revealed to continue on to the Semi-Finals with hopes of making it to the Final Taste Off on May 5, taking home the Gilded Growler Trophy.
In addition to the combination of limited edition one-off and flagship beers that will be offered up from each of the participating breweries for taster’s choice votes, live music will fill the Brew Pub at Pennings Farm with weekly performances from local bands and musicians.
Performance Schedule 8:00-11:00pm:
- March 24: In Living Cover
- March 31: Black Dirt Band Duo
- April 7: Nailed Shutt Acoustic
- April 14: Hudson Valley Bluegrass Express
- April 21: The Choice
- April 28: Wood Hippy
- May 5: TBA
Admission is free for The Gilded Growler local brewery tournament. The Café at Pennings Farm Market is open until 9:00pm on Friday nights, serving farm-to-table style appetizers, entrees and desserts, and Fish Fry specials will be available every Friday through April 14. 2017 in honor of Lent.Pennings Farm Market is an over 21 only venue after 9:00pm on Friday and Saturday nights. This is a 21+event. All attendees must show a valid photo I.D. at the door.